Following the invasion of Sunday Adeyemi otherwise known as Sunday Igboho’s house located in the Soka area of Ibadan a couple of hours ago, there were reports that the freedom fighter had backed out from carrying on with the Yoruba Nation rally, which had been scheduled to take place in Lagos state on Saturday, July 3rd.
Nevertheless, a latest reports have disclosed that the co-organisers of the Yoruba Nation rally, Ilana Omo Oodua (IOO), have vowed to proceed with or without Igboho.
A source in the IOO, a body of self-determination Yoruba groups, told DAILY POST that the rally will go on as planned.
While Hakeem Odumosu, the Lagos Commissioner of Police, had issued warnings that any individual caught participating will be dealt with within the ambits of the law.
As per Daily Post, sources close to the IOO leadership have, nevertheless, dismissed the warning.
In his words...
“What did you expect the Police to say? They are obeying the federal government. The Police told us not to hold the rally in Ogun and others but we did.
“It’s not compulsory that Sunday Igboho attends. I am telling you now that the Yoruba Nation rally will hold.
“The Ilana Omo Oodua under the leadership of Professor Akintoye already made it clear that we will come out.”
0 Comments