The Oyo state government has declared that wearing of face masks in public places is now mandatory.
The Oyo state governor, Gov. Seyi Makinde stated this in Ibadan on Friday 17th, April, while briefing some journalists on the outcome of the State COVID-19 Taskforce meeting held at the Government House, Agodi, Ibadan.
However, the governor who noted that the order was one of the measures to halt, curb and control the unfold of the pandemic disease, revealed that the State COVID-19 Taskforce had reached a plan to implement the measure. “If you must leave your house to any public place, then you must wear face mask,” he said.
Makinde also stated that the state government would produce an initial 1 million face masks to perpare the mask wearing policy in the state.
The governor also added that 100 tailors would be lunched on Monday 20th of April for the production of 10,000 face masks each, adding that his government was collaborating with experts who had designed the face mask model to train the tailors.
Makinde also disclosed that each of the 100 tailors would engage the services of others and each cluster would be able to produce 2,000 daily thereby hitting the target of 10,000 within the week.
Furthermore, the governor stated that the resumption date for workers had been tentatively shifted to April 27, stating that the new opening date would still be subjected to further evaluation. He ascribed the deferment to the report of the new cases of COVID-19 in the state.
The governor further disclosed that 2 individuals tested positive to the pandemic disease on Friday. As states by him, two persons also tested positive to the disease on Thursday, bringing to 15 the cases of COVID-19 in the state.
However, Makinde also said that his administration had taken bold steps to ensure food security in the state by working with the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) and other Ibadan-based agricultural institutes to provide seeds and seedlings to farmers. “Efforts have been made to enlighten the farmers on how to stay safe from COVID-19 so that they will not miss the present planting season.
“On palliatives, a lot of pressure has been mounted on the government to share palliatives, but the date we met on ground is not accurate. “If we had used it, the items would have gone to the wrong hands. But now, we have our own data and we have double checked and the data is authentic. “Hopefully, before the end of next week, we will share the palliative to the public,’’ the governor said.

0 Comments